Keep the summer shape through the bleak winter ahead with this Healthy Turkey bolognese recipe.
Summer is a thing of the past now and with the winter just starting to settle in, those big warm home made dinners and christmas lunches are starting to becoming so much more appealing then they where three months ago.
All that hard work you have put into your body in the last few months are starting to fade and the fact that you are able to wear that favourite big jumper (that hides whats going on under it) more regularly means you can let things……slide.
Well it doesn’t have to be like that!
Our friends at Fresh Fitness Food, the Number 1 bespoke meal delivery service in London have designed this incredible Healthy Turkey Bolognese Recipe to ensure you still it all the right nutritional needs without losing any more of those well earned gains!
Turkey is a rich source of protein, which is low in fat and bursting with minerals such iron, zinc, phosphorus and potassium. Swapping regular spaghetti for vegetable spaghetti gives us a lower carb dinner option. Beetroot is also an excellent source of nitrates, which works to lower blood pressure.
Macros: Protein: 42g Carb: 18g Fat: 12g = 355kcal
- 100g turkey diced
- ½ onion
- 30g carrot
- 25g celery
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 100g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 30g beetroot
- 40g carrot
- 40g courgette
- 1 tsp olive oil
- finely chop the onion and lightly fry until soft
- roughly chop the carrots and celery and cook for a further 3-5 minutes
- add the diced turkey and cook until browned
- stir in the tomato paste and the chopped tomatoes
- bring to the boil
- reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes
- use a spiralizer to create your courgette, beetroot and carrot spaghetti
- lightly fry the veggie spaghetti for 2-4 minutes, pour over the sauce to serve